Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Capillary Hint Of Red

Television is a very interesting thing.

When Television was first becoming popular it was black and white, few channels, news, cartoons, the bare minimum. The family gathered around the TV for the evening news. All was well and the people were informed.

My oh my how things have changed

I am looking at my TV right now. It is turned off. Toshiba. It has a VCR built right in. How about that. i have somewhere around 58 channels or so. full colour. news, weather, cartoons, music, reality, food, movies, damn near anything can be found in this magical box of small pixels.

I do not watch much TV, but last night I was watching the cbc, good television that cbc. Anyway, it was a commercial session the usual commercials passed through the screen. Natural male enhancement, the new hedley album, law and order on at 8. And then!!!

The conservative party dropped the fucking gloves. Stephane Dion, (thats pronounced steff-anne)....Yes we all know it would be funnier if his name was pronounced otherwise and sometimes i wish it were

ANYWAY!
Dion flashed across the screen, hands in the arm, jaw open. He looked like he was about to cry. The quote beside him read "do you think its easy to make priorities?". Apparently that is one of his fresh coined phrases. There was a narration in the back ground speaking of how Dion is a bad leader, bad politician, so on and so forth.

I knew at once this would be the work of the conservative party. I am not going to lie, they did pretty good. They really made Dion look like a total fool and a terrible person. It just seems a little harsh, but I suppose thats the way things have to be in politics. It can only get worse from here. I can see it now. Toronto star, front page.

"CONSERVATIVES TO LIBERALS: GO FUCK YOURSELF!"

I say we all get together and agree they settle it like men

Harper and Dion can have a boxing match. Last man standing runs the show. The NDP and the Green Party can act as the judges because no one really votes for them anyway. People that do, do it because they dont want to have to hate themselves forever by voting for Harper or Dion.

It would be on every news station available. Worldwide broadcast. Pay per view. No holds barred. David vs. Goliath. I dont think I can make myself any clearer.

That all sounded ridiculous didn't it? But if it happend, You would watch it, and you know you would. Perch in front of the TV and tune right in

Safe
Secure
Millions of little pixels creating wonderful pictures for you to see

Good ol' TV.
So where does TV go from here
I suppose they will keep getting bigger and better
Bringing us more news than ever before
Not to mention all sorts of dirt on various politicians.

Hell
Here's to television
for continuing to tell us who to vote for, how much better our lives would be if we drank bud light and what kind of car to buy. All in less than a minute and a half. God damn God damn.

Cheers!

*guitar solo*

-telefield

2 comments:

MTOD said...

"Do you think it's easy to make priorities?" - Stephane Dion.
What comes first?

Perhaps the commercials were less blatant, less of an attack in the good ol' days.

Maranatha said...

I find that picture fucking hilarious. I laughed out loud the first time I saw that commercial.